Healthy Muffin Bread
Posted on October 05 2020
Fall is well and truly upon us. The mornings are chilly, so we're looking for a little comfort.
In the last few weeks I have started to drink less coffee and more tea for the simple and good reason that coffee I put too many additions unlike tea.
I love food and I must admit that I love to cook at this time of the year, it's not too hot so it's just perfect.
This recipe I love it, I just put everything I love in a bowl, mixed it all together and baked. Once finished it's very simple, as I live alone I freeze them and only take them out when I need them, so I made a mix that gives 12 muffins (in my case 6 rolls).
The mould I used is this one: https: //amzn.to/3nm4LE4.
Once ready, I add a spoonful of plain Greek yogurt and let my imagination and taste for toping go, making it a complete breakfast and so good!
If you try it, come and talk to me!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree.
- 1 cup grape seed oil (or melted coconut or avocado)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup of vegetable milk (infused with chai tea for 30 minutes)
- 2 teaspoons chai tea (or one bag) https://bit.ly/3chykS4
- 1 ¾ cup flour of your choice (I use almond flour)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 tbsp. orange (or lemon) zest
- 3 tbsp. walnuts
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup of fresh (or frozen) blueberries
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. chia seed
- 1 tsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon hemp seed
- Mix all ingredients together and place in buttered muffin cups.
- Bake for about 25 minutes at 325F.
- Allow to cool before unmoulding.