6 beauty tips to improve your skin's health
Posted on May 25 2021
Ever since Eve took that first bite of apple, the human race has been obsessed with beauty.
The truth is that once you hit your mid-twenties, you are now in the aging process. Therefore, it is important to take steps to avoid fine lines and wrinkles.
Every day, you are bombarded with commercial messages and beauty tips that try to lure you into believing that the latest miracle drug is exactly what you need to combat the ravages of Mother Nature.
The best path to natural beauty and healthy skin is to take care of what you have. Sounds simple, doesn't it? The truth is, your skin takes a beating from the environment every day. Here are some of my favorite beauty tips to keep your skin fresh and healthy:
- Stay hydrated, drink water! That doesn't mean soda, caffeine or any other type of liquid, even if it's low calorie. Sodas (even diet sodas) are high in sodium. Sodium retains fluids. You need a fluid that will hydrate and flush your body without toxins. Make sure you drink at least 8 glasses a day!
- Protect your skin from harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays. We all love the sun. We love to be in it and we love to get a great tan. The truth is, you can get poisoned by too much sun. UV rays cause skin cancer and if it's not bad enough, it ages your skin faster than it should, contributing to unsightly wrinkles. If you're going to play in the sun, make sure you use proper sunscreen. Don't go without it!
- Keep your skin clean. Wash your face every day and apply face masks 1-3 times a week for a little extra love.
- The best cure for wrinkles is to never have them! If you're like most of us, you didn't listen to your mom when she tried to tell you to stay in the shade, stand up straight and stop squinting!
- Eat right. Knowing how and what to eat can make a huge difference in how you feel. Poor eating habits can lead to depression, weight gain, illness and general lethargy. It doesn't help your skin either. So make sure you eat fruits and vegetables!
Weight gain causes your skin to stretch. As you age, it loses its elasticity and you end up with sagging skin. The best solution to this is to maintain an appropriate weight.
- Don't worry, be happy. A happy outlook seems to trigger the release of endorphins. Endorphins relax the cardiovascular system and cytokines that alert the immune system to pay attention to abnormalities like cancer cells. Listen to yourself carefully. If you've felt belittled since childhood, over the course of your life, negative subliminal messages can wreak havoc by turning you into a pessimist. Spend a week writing down the phrases you will use in your "self-talk. Chances are you'll find that you're repeating a dozen phrases over and over again that reinforce that negative image. If you know them, you can change them. External beauty and internal joy go hand in hand.
Here are some quick tips for increasing joy, hope and optimism that will work no matter what your age:
- Make a list of at least 10 great things that happen to you every day.
- Laugh a lot. You'll heal your body and mind.
- Discover a new challenge each month.
- Try to meditate for just five minutes each day.
If you liked this article, let us know in the comments and don't hesitate to share it!
If you ever want more information about my Ambassador program, here is the link: https: //bit.ly/3nzDgpg
To follow me on my different social networks:
Audrey - xo