5 steps to improve your hair
Posted on February 11 2021
Your hair is your crowning glory. Take care of it and it will shine for the whole world to see. You don't always need expensive treatments, or visits to a hair salon to manage your hair professionally. There are so many things you can do yourself.
1. For shiny, healthy hair, think of your body's input first. Your hair is really just a reflection of who you are on the inside. A good, nutritious, healthy diet will do more to make your hair shine than any shampoo or conditioner. And drink eight to ten glasses of water a day too; your hair is 25% water, so don't let yours get thirsty!
2. Dry your hair after washing at room temperature after using an absorbent towel to soak up excess moisture, but don't rub hard. If possible, don't use a blow dryer, flat iron, curling iron or hot roller. Artificial heating will leave your hair brittle and damaged in time. Go natural when you can.
3. Prevent unnecessary hair damage by using the right type of hairbrush. Comb only wet hair with a wide-tooth comb, combing from root to tip, but avoiding touching the root. Detangling wet hair with a hard steel comb can create a lot of damage, so don't do it!
4. Remove knots, or split ends, this way: take small sections of your hair and carefully twist them in a downward motion gently. The split ends will come out. Using sharp scissors, carefully cut into the twisted section, but not through it, to remove damaged cuticles and leave a natural layered look. Cut about the same amount of each twist to balance the effect.
5. Hair loss can be slowed or even reversed by applying a few simple tips. Note: they probably won't cure an underlying condition. Biotin can help regenerate hair follicles: mix bananas with honey and yogurt with low-fat milk, and drink them daily. Supplements such as vitamin B6, zinc will also help. Eliminating stress and getting plenty of sleep can work just as well.
We all obsess about our hair, whether we are 9 or 90, male or female. Take care of yourself first and foremost, and your hair will reflect that care and attention. The strength of the biblical Samson lies in his beautiful hair, which is simply magnificent. Your hair reflects your strength too.
If you liked this article, let us know in the comments and please feel free to share it!
Audrey - xo