5 simple tips to correct the mistakes we almost all make when applying makeup
Posted on May 23 2021
I love no makeup days but I love makeup, I must say it's even an obsession/collection I have. With practice and years, I have acquired many tricks. So today, I'm going to share some of them with you.
Have you ever done your makeup and when everything is going well, you suddenly make a mistake that ruins all your efforts? Have you had to take your makeup off for a while because, unintentionally, you ruined your makeup? You probably have; it happens to all of us.
In this article, you'll find five of the most common mistakes and the best tips for fixing them quickly without having to remove all your makeup!
- "I put on too much foundation"
This is a very common mistake that we all make when we apply makeup. If you are fully made up, to remove any excess foundation, do the following:
- Lightly dampen a clean sponge with water (the sponge should be almost dry and free of any makeup residue) and blot your entire face with downward strokes.
TIP: It is very important, above all, to avoid excess foundation and concealer around the eyes. To remove any excess in this area, perform the same step, then use your fingers to gently blend the product into this area.
- "My eyeshadow looks too dark."
If you've put on too much eyeshadow or if it looks too dark, do the following to quickly fix the problem:
- If it happened on your upper lid, blur the eyeshadow toward the edges with a clean brush to reduce the color. If it still looks very dark, apply a little matte cream eyeshadow with a brush (if you don't have cream eyeshadow, you can use a translucent powder) and blend the eyeshadow.
- If this happens on the lower part of your eye, use a thin, clean brush to blend or gently tap with a cotton swab.
- If, while you're blurring, you've left the lid outline and the shadow is very dark, blur it with a clean sponge and then apply a little foundation, patting lightly to set the foundation.
- "I put on too much blush."
If you've applied too much blush, try the following tip:
- Rub your cheek with a loose, thick powder brush - the brush should be perfectly clean. If you still have too much blush, apply translucent or light powder with the same brush, right on top of the blush. This way, the two powders should blend together, clarifying the original color.
- "I put too much makeup on my eyebrows"
When we put too much makeup on our eyebrows, we look hard and can't even recognize ourselves. Follow this tip to solve this problem quickly:
- Simply brush the eyebrow with a clean cotton swab, against the grain of your eyebrow. You will see how quickly the color you initially applied disappears.
- "I smeared mascara on my eyelid"
That's okay. Just follow these steps and you'll see how to solve the problem quickly:
- Keep applying makeup and when you're done, allowing enough time for the mascara to dry, apply a cotton swab directly to the stain. You'll see how quickly it disappears and you don't need to remove the makeup from your entire eye.
TIP: A good tip for avoiding smudges is to apply makeup to your lower lashes first, then to your upper lashes.
There you have it, simple tips to correct small mistakes!
If you liked this article, let us know in comments and don't hesitate to share it!
If you ever want more information about my Ambassador program, here is the link: https: //bit.ly/3nzDgpg
To follow me on my different social networks:
Audrey - xo